SCHOOL HOLIDAY AFL CAMPS
Our Sutherland Shire AFL Camps and our Sydney Inner West AFL Camps will improve the AFL skills and performance of junior AFL players of all abilities. The professional coaching team deliver a program focusing on developing the kicking, passing, marking and hand balling skills of boys and girls, aged 6-13 years, who are beginner, proficient or advanced AFL players. Our school holiday AFL camp is perfect for passionate and energetic junior AFL players who get a thrill out of being part of a team. Let us give your kids an inclusive and nurturing school holiday experience to remember.
On this page, you’ll find information on:
LOCATIONS AND DATES AND PRICING OF AFL CAMPS
ST GEORGE AND SUTHERLAND SHIRE AFL CAMP
Venue: Tonbridge Oval | RamsgateDate: April 10-12, 2017 (players can attend 1, 2 or 3 days)Time: 8:30am – 3.00pm each day (program starts at 9.00am)Cost: $59 each day (10% special price reduction lasts until 31st March)Flyer: Click here to view the flyer for the event for more information
CONCORD AFL CAMP
Venue: St Luke’s Oval | ConcordDate: April 19 – 21, 2017 (players can attend 1, 2 or 3 days)Time: 8:30am – 3.00pm each day (program starts at 9.00am)Cost: $59 each day ((10% special price reduction lasts until 31st March)Flyer: Click here to view the flyer for the event for more information
HOW OUR AFL CAMP IS STRUCTURED
Step 1 - Meet and Greet
Our Head Coach will greet parents/carers and players at the Sign In Station at the designated Drop Off/Pick Up location.
Step 2 - Players Placed into Groups
Coaches organise players into appropriate age and/or ability groups. Coaches ensure friends and siblings are grouped together. Coaches do move players from original groups into different cohorts during the camp to maximise player satisfaction. These decisions are made in consultation with other coaches and the players involved. We adopt coaching ratios of 1:12 to maximise participation and enjoyment.
Step 3 - Implementation
Coaches take their allocated group of players through the AFLCoaching Program. Scroll below to find details on features of our AFL Coaching Program implemented at our AFL Camps.
Step 4 - Player Collection
At the completion of each day of the AFL Camp, our Head Coach will greet parents/carers and oversee the collection of all players at the Sign Out Station at the designated Drop Off/Pick Up location.
Items Players Should Bring Each Day of AFL Camp
- Clothes to Wear: T-shirt, shorts/track pants, running shoes or footy boots, jumper in case of cold weather, a hat/cap, and change of dry clothing in case of wet weather
- AFL Equipment To Bring: All equipment is provided and supplied by Super Sports Camps. Parents are more than welcome to allow their children to bring their own gear. Parents are reminded to have their child’s personal equipment labeled with their name on it in case equipment is misplaced during the camp.
- Sun Cream: Please ensure this is applied in the morning before arrival at the camp. Our staff will remind children to reapply sun cream during the day. We are not responsible for applying sun cream on children nor will they assist children to apply sun cream. Parents are responsible to advise/remind children before camp of the need to reapply sun cream.
- Food and Drinks to Pack for Recess and Lunch: Healthy balanced recess and lunch - we are not responsible for providing food for children.
- Refillable drink bottles: All children will be given opportunities to refill bottles with water during the day and will be given frequent opportunities to rehydrate with water.
- Avoid Brining the Following Items: Large sums of money, electronic devices – Ipods, Ipads, gaming consoles or mobile phones
AFL Camp Highlights
- Our AFL Camp is a day event with no overnight stay or accommodation
- AFL Coaching Program involves players moving through a circuit of technical drills, skill development activities and modified games each day
- A different Coaching Program is implemented each day of the AFL Camp
- Emphasis placed on kicking, hand passing, marking, positioning and defensive skills
- Type and order of coaching strategies, drills, games and activities are changed regularly to maximise player engagement, enjoyment and satisfaction
- Qualified, enthusiastic and experienced coaches apply their professional training and playing experience to maximise player satisfaction
- Three Day AFL Camps: The focus of Day One and Day Two centres around technical coaching and a variety of AFL games, drills and activities which aim to develop every player's kicking, passing and marking skills. A component of Day Three is dedicated to our very own AFL Round Robin Competition where players get to apply all of their newfound AFL and teamwork skills
- Two Day AFL Camps: Day One focuses on technical coaching and AFL games, drills and activities and a component of Day Two is dedicated to our AFL Round Robin Competition
Sample AFL Camp Program
Below is a sample AFL Coaching Program used on Day One at our AFL Camp to give you an insight into what your child can expect.
Mac really enjoyed himself and is really to start enjoying AFL. Look forward to attending anther one of your camps soon.
The boys thoroughly enjoyed your program and appreciate the work you and your coaches do. The positive reinforcement goes a long way to boost their confidence and this hasn’t gone unnoticed. On behalf of Rhys and Daniel, thank you once again for the sports camp you and your coaches have run this week. See you next holidays.
Frequently Asked Questions and Terms and Conditions
To see answers to frequently asked questions and our terms and conditions, click here.
HOW OUR AFL CAMPS BENEFIT YOUR KIDS
AFL Technique and Performance Advice
The core function of our AFL Camps is to provide your child sound technical advice today to help them achieve their goals tomorrow. From teaching players correct kicking, hand passing, tackling, bouncing and marking technique, our structured AFL coaching program can help your child achieve their potential.
Catering For AFL Players of All Abilities
From beginning to advanced junior AFL players, our AFL Camp program meets the needs of players of all abilities. The coaching team adopts and modifies various AFL games, drills and activities suitable for all AFL ability levels and playing experience. So, let us help your child to make their AFL goals a reality.
Building Confidence Through Teamwork
On top of providing technical AFL advice, we develop the life skills of all attendees. Since our coaches regularly model team work, communicating, decision making, interacting, and problem solving, we help your child to refine their ability to participate confidently in groups, make informed decisions, act cooperatively and select appropriate options to resolve problems on the sporting field. We can make sure your child gets the advice they need to become confident and dignified young people.
Professional AFL Coaches
With the right mix of coaching and playing experience combined with access to the latest resources and facilities, our team has what’s needed to enhance your child’s AFL performance in the school holidays. They’ll adopt best practice AFL drills, activities and games that’ll boost your child’s AFL skills.
Safe Inclusive Learning Environment
A cornerstone of our AFL Camp is educating and inspiring junior AFL players to maximise their potential. With a large focus on team work, technique development, rewarding players for giving their best and establishing friendships based on respect, we’ll ensure your child feels welcomed and valued as member of our AFL team.
Structured AFL Coaching Program
Junior AFL players learn to appreciate the importance and enjoyment of practice to boost their AFL skills at our AFL Camp. Our learning program will develop your child’s awareness of positional play, structured formations and improvisation on the AFL field to improve their quality of movement. By participating in a structured learning environment aimed at improving AFL performance and skill development, we can help all junior AFL players today achieve their future performance goals.
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL OFFER
A 10% SPECIAL PRICE REDUCTION APPLIES FOR BOOKINGS MADE BY 31ST MARCH. SO, GET IN EARLY AND SAVE WITH US THESE SCHOOL HOLIDAYS.
COME TO OUR NEXT AFL SCHOOL HOLIDAY CAMP!
NEVER MISS OUT AGAIN!
To be informed about our upcoming camps (and early bird and group booking promotional offers) click the button below.