SCHOOL HOLIDAY AFL CAMPS
Sydney AFL Camps in Concord and Sutherland Shire. The priority of our AFL Camps is to improve the AFL skills and performance of junior AFL players (boys and girls) of all abilities aged 6-13 years. Our school holiday AFL Camps offer a structure of technical drills, games, and activities to guide all players toward their individual playing potential whilst building their teamwork abilities and understanding of fair play and mateship.
Scroll down the page to find information on:
- What our customers are saying about us
- How our AFL camps are structured
- How our AFL camps benefit kids
- Locations, dates, and pricing
- Frequently asked questions – Click to view answers
AFL CAMP STRUCTURE
Step 1 - Meet and Greet
Our Head Coach will greet parents/carers and players at the Sign-In Station at the designated Drop Off/Pick Up location.
Step 2 - Players Placed into Groups
Coaches organise players into appropriate age and/or ability groups to maximise learning, fair play, and participation for all attendees.
Step 3 - Implementation
Coaches take their allocated group of players through the AFLCoaching Program. Scroll below to find details on features of our AFL Coaching Program implemented at our AFL Camps.
Step 4 - Player Collection
Our Head Coach will greet parents/carers and oversee the collection of all players at the Sign Out Station at the designated Drop Off/Pick Up location.
Items Players Should Bring Each Day of AFL Camp
- Clothes to Wear: T-shirt, shorts/track pants, running shoes or footy boots, a jumper in case of cold weather, a hat/cap, and change of dry clothing in case of wet weather
- AFL Equipment To Bring: All equipment is provided and supplied by Super Sports Camps.
- Sun Cream: Please ensure this is applied in the morning before arriving at the camp. Our staff will remind children to reapply sun cream during the day. We are not responsible for applying sun cream on children nor will they assist children to apply sun cream. Parents are responsible for advising/reminding children before the camp of the need to reapply sun cream
- Food and Drinks to Pack for Recess and Lunch: Healthy balanced recess and lunch - we are not responsible for providing food for children.
- Refillable drink bottles: All children will be given opportunities to refill bottles with water during the day and will be given frequent opportunities to rehydrate with water
- Avoid Brining the Following Items: Large sums of money, electronic devices – iPods, Ipads, gaming consoles or mobile phones
AFL Camp Highlights
- Our AFL Camp is a day event with no overnight stay or accommodation
- AFL Coaching Program involves players moving through a circuit of technical drills, skill development activities and modified games each day
- Emphasis placed on kicking, hand passing, marking, positioning and defensive skills
- Type and order of coaching strategies, drills, games, and activities are changed regularly to maximise player engagement, enjoyment and satisfaction
- Qualified, experienced and enthusiastic coaches apply their coaching and playing experience
- Three Day AFL Camps: The focus of Day One and Day Two centres around technical coaching and a variety of AFL games, drills, and activities which aim to develop every player's kicking, passing and marking skills. A component of Day Three is dedicated to our very own AFL Round Robin Competition where players get to apply all of their newfound AFL and teamwork skills
- Two Day AFL Camps: Day One focuses on technical coaching and AFL games, drills and activities and a component of Day Two is dedicated to our AFL Round Robin Competition
- One Day AFL Camps: Our one day AFL Camps combine technical coaching and AFL games, drills and activities and our AFL Round Robin Competition
Sample AFL Camp Program
Below is a sample AFL Coaching Program used on Day One at our AFL Camp to give you an insight into what your child can expect.
HOW OUR AFL CAMPS BENEFIT YOUR KIDS
Technical and Performance Advice
The core function of our AFL Camps is to provide your child sound technical advice today to help them achieve their goals tomorrow. From teaching players the correct kicking, hand passing, tackling, bouncing and marking technique, our structured AFL coaching program can help boost your child’s fundamental AFL skills.
Catering For AFL Players of All Abilities
From beginning to advanced junior AFL players, our AFL Camp program meets the needs of players of all abilities. The coaching team adopts and modifies various AFL games, drills, and activities suitable for all AFL ability levels and playing experience. So, let us help your child to make their AFL goals a reality.
Building Confidence Through Teamwork
On top of providing technical AFL advice, we develop the life skills of all players. Since our coaches regularly model teamwork, communicating, decision-making, interacting, and problem-solving, we help your child to refine their ability to participate confidently in groups, make informed decisions, act cooperatively and select appropriate options to resolve problems on the sporting field. We can make sure your child gets the advice they need to become confident and dignified young people.
Professional AFL Coaches
Our coaches have AFL coaching qualifications and have played AFL at junior and senior levels. The team is led by experienced sports coaches and school teachers. Combined with access to the latest AFL coaching resources and facilities, our team has what’s needed to enhance your child’s AFL performance.
Safe Inclusive Learning Environment
A cornerstone of our AFL Camp is educating and inspiring junior AFL players to maximise their potential. With a large focus on teamwork, technique development, rewarding players for giving their best and establishing friendships based on respect, we’ll ensure your child knows they are a valued member of our AFL team.
Structured AFL Coaching Program
Junior AFL players learn to appreciate the importance of practicing to boost their AFL skills at our AFL Camp. Our learning program will develop your child’s awareness of positional play, structured formations and improvisation on the AFL field to improve their quality of movement. By participating in a structured learning environment aimed at improving AFL performance and skill development, we can help all junior AFL players today achieve their future performance goals.
LOCATION AND DATES OF OUR AFL CAMPS
SUTHERLAND SHIRE AFL CAMP
One-Day AFL Camp – October School Holidays 2019.Venue: Waratah Oval (Number 4) | SutherlandDate: 9 October 2019.Time: 8.30am – 3.00pm. (Free childcare is on offer from 8.30 am with the program beginning at 9.00 am.)Ages: 6-13 Years. (Boys and girls welcome.)Wet Weather Venue: Under cover facilities at Waratah Oval to be utilised during periods of wet weather.Early Bird One-Day Price: $52.50. (Ends 1 September 2019.)Regular One-Day Price: $75. (Begins 2 September 2019.)Group Booking Price: Groups of 3 or more to save 20% off the regular one-day price.Information Brochure: More information to come.
CONCORD AFL CAMP
Venue: St Luke’s Oval | ConcordDate: Our Concord AFL Camps will be back in March/April 2020.Time: 8.30am – 3.00pm. (Free childcare is on offer from 8.30 am with the program beginning at 9.00 am.)Ages: 6-13 Years. (Boys and girls welcome.)Wet Weather Venue: Under cover facilities at St Luke’s Oval to be utilised during periods of wet weather.Early Bird One-Day Price: $52.50. (Ends 1 September 2019.)Regular One-Day Price: $75. (Begins 2 September 2019.)Group Booking Price: Groups of 3 or more to save 20% off the regular one-day price.Information Brochure: More information to come.
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST TO STAY INFORMED!
To be emailed about our latest news and offerings click the button below.