SCHOOL HOLIDAY AFL CAMPS
Sydney AFL Camps in Concord, Sutherland Shire and St George District. The priority of our AFL Camps is to improve the AFL skills and performance of junior AFL players (boys and girls) of all abilities aged 6-13 years. Our school holiday AFL Camps offer a structure of technical drills, games, and activities to guide all players toward their individual playing potential whilst building their teamwork abilities and understanding of fair play and mateship.
Scroll or click below to find information on:
WANT TO ENROL YOUR CHILD?
LOCATION OF AFL CAMPS
RAMSGATE AFL CAMP
Venue: Tonbridge Oval | RamsgateDate: April 26-27, 2018. (Players can attend 1 or 2 days.)Time: 8.30 am – 3.00 pm. (Program begins at 9.00am.)Ages: 6-13 years. (Boys and girls welcome.)Early Bird Price: $55 each day. (Ends March 16)Regular Price: $65 each day. (Begins March 17)Group Booking Offer: Book in groups of 3 or more to receive a $10 refund for each day booked.Brochure: Click here to view the event brochure for more info.
CONCORD AFL CAMP
Venue: St Luke’s Oval | ConcordDate: April 18-20, 2018. (Players can attend 1, 2 or 3 days.)Time: 8.30 am – 3.00 pm. (Program begins at 9.00am.)Ages: 6-13 years. (Boys and girls welcome.)Early Bird Price: $65 each day. (Ends March 16)Regular Price: $75 each day. (Begins March 17)Group Booking Offer: Book in groups of 3 or more to receive a $10 refund for each day booked.Brochure: Click here to view the event brochure for more info.
HOW OUR AFL CAMP IS STRUCTURED
Step 1 - Meet and Greet
Our Head Coach will greet parents/carers and players at the Sign-In Station at the designated Drop Off/Pick Up location.
Step 2 - Players Placed into Groups
Coaches organise players into appropriate age and/or ability groups. Coaches ensure friends and siblings are grouped together. Coaches do move players from original groups into different cohorts during the camp to maximise player satisfaction. These decisions are made in consultation with other coaches and the players involved. We adopt coaching ratios of 1:12 to ensure participation and enjoyment for all.
Step 3 - Implementation
Coaches take their allocated group of players through the AFLCoaching Program. Scroll below to find details on features of our AFL Coaching Program implemented at our AFL Camps.
Step 4 - Player Collection
At the completion of each day of the AFL Camp, our Head Coach will greet parents/carers and oversee the collection of all players at the Sign Out Station at the designated Drop Off/Pick Up location.
Items Players Should Bring Each Day of AFL Camp
- Clothes to Wear: T-shirt, shorts/track pants, running shoes or footy boots, jumper in case of cold weather, a hat/cap, and change of dry clothing in case of wet weather
- AFL Equipment To Bring: All equipment is provided and supplied by Super Sports Camps. Parents are more than welcome to allow their children to bring their own gear. Parents are reminded to have their child’s personal equipment labeled with their name on it in case equipment is misplaced during the camp.
- Sun Cream: Please ensure this is applied in the morning before arrival at the camp. Our staff will remind children to reapply sun cream during the day. We are not responsible for applying sun cream on children nor will they assist children to apply sun cream. Parents are responsible for advising/reminding children before the camp of the need to reapply sun cream.
- Food and Drinks to Pack for Recess and Lunch: Healthy balanced recess and lunch - we are not responsible for providing food for children.
- Refillable drink bottles: All children will be given opportunities to refill bottles with water during the day and will be given frequent opportunities to rehydrate with water.
- Avoid Brining the Following Items: Large sums of money, electronic devices – iPods, Ipads, gaming consoles or mobile phones
AFL Camp Highlights
- Our AFL Camp is a day event with no overnight stay or accommodation
- AFL Coaching Program involves players moving through a circuit of technical drills, skill development activities and modified games each day
- A different Coaching Program is implemented each day of the AFL Camp
- Emphasis placed on kicking, hand passing, marking, positioning and defensive skills
- Type and order of coaching strategies, drills, games, and activities are changed regularly to maximise player engagement, enjoyment and satisfaction
- Qualified, experienced and enthusiastic coaches apply their coaching and playing experience
- Three Day AFL Camps: The focus of Day One and Day Two centres around technical coaching and a variety of AFL games, drills, and activities which aim to develop every player's kicking, passing and marking skills. A component of Day Three is dedicated to our very own AFL Round Robin Competition where players get to apply all of their newfound AFL and teamwork skills
- Two Day AFL Camps: Day One focuses on technical coaching and AFL games, drills and activities and a component of Day Two is dedicated to our AFL Round Robin Competition
Sample AFL Camp Program
Below is a sample AFL Coaching Program used on Day One at our AFL Camp to give you an insight into what your child can expect.
Mac really enjoyed himself and is really to start enjoying AFL. Look forward to attending anther one of your camps soon.
The team at Super Sports Camps run a very well planned and coordinated AFL coaching program for our players at Concord Giants AFL club. We value Luke and his coaching team because they provide a fantastic service in the school holidays for kid and parents at our club. We look forward to working with Super Sports Camps next AFL season.
Dean Lee – Concord Giants AFL Club
My son Richard said your AFL camp was very enjoyable and he liked that it was 3 days, and he’s pretty hard to impress, so well done.
HOW OUR AFL CAMPS BENEFIT YOUR KIDS
Technical and Performance Advice
The core function of our AFL Camps is to provide your child sound technical advice today to help them achieve their goals tomorrow. From teaching players the correct kicking, hand passing, tackling, bouncing and marking technique, our structured AFL coaching program can help your child achieve their potential.
Catering For AFL Players of All Abilities
From beginning to advanced junior AFL players, our AFL Camp program meets the needs of players of all abilities. The coaching team adopts and modifies various AFL games, drills, and activities suitable for all AFL ability levels and playing experience. So, let us help your child to make their AFL goals a reality.
Building Confidence Through Teamwork
On top of providing technical AFL advice, we develop the life skills of all attendees. Since our coaches regularly model teamwork, communicating, decision-making, interacting, and problem-solving, we help your child to refine their ability to participate confidently in groups, make informed decisions, act cooperatively and select appropriate options to resolve problems on the sporting field. We can make sure your child gets the advice they need to become confident and dignified young people.
Professional AFL Coaches
With the right mix of coaching and playing experience combined with access to the latest resources and facilities, our team has what’s needed to enhance your child’s AFL performance in the school holidays. They’ll adopt best practice AFL drills, activities and games that’ll boost your child’s AFL skills.
Safe Inclusive Learning Environment
A cornerstone of our AFL Camp is educating and inspiring junior AFL players to maximise their potential. With a large focus on teamwork, technique development, rewarding players for giving their best and establishing friendships based on respect, we’ll ensure your child knows they are a valued member of our AFL team.
Structured AFL Coaching Program
Junior AFL players learn to appreciate the importance of practicing to boost their AFL skills at our AFL Camp. Our learning program will develop your child’s awareness of positional play, structured formations and improvisation on the AFL field to improve their quality of movement. By participating in a structured learning environment aimed at improving AFL performance and skill development, we can help all junior AFL players today achieve their future performance goals.
COME TO OUR AFL CAMPS
To be informed about our upcoming school holiday sports camps click the button below.