MULTI SPORTS CAMPS
SYDNEY MULTI SPORTS CAMPS IN THE SUTHERLAND SHIRE
A school holiday sports camp is perfect for boys and girls of all abilities aged 6-13 years who want to participate in sporting and fitness related activities during school holidays. So, if you want your child to participate in a range of non-contact team sports, games and competitions during school holidays, join our team. Our school holiday sports camp coaches will keep your kids physically active and entertained so you can continue with your regular schedule during school holidays.
SUTHERLAND SHIRE LOCATION
We deliver Sydney multi sports camps in the Sutherland Shire at Caringbah High School.
DATES AND LOCATION OF MULTI SPORTS CAMPS
SUTHERLAND SHIRE MULTI SPORTS CAMP
2021 September/October School HolidaysVenue: Caringbah High School | CaringbahDate: Dates to be confirmed.Time: 8.30am – 3.00pm each day. (Free childcare is on offer from 8.30 am with the program beginning at 9.00 am.)Ages: 6-13 Years.Gender: We cater to boys and girls.Wet Weather Plan: Undercover facilities at Caringbah High School to be used during periods of wet weather.Regular One-Day Multi Sport Camp Price: $75. (This offer begins 1 September 2021.)Early Bird Price: $70 – save $5. (This offer ends 31 August 2021.)Group Booking Price: $70 – save $5. (Book in groups of 3 or more to qualify.)
TRUSTED PROFESSIONAL COACHES
All of our coaches are trained, qualified, licensed, and insured and have extensive backgrounds in teaching and sports coaching. We supply all of the professional sporting equipment required.
HEAD COACH PROFILE – LUKE REYNOLDS
The coaching team is led by Luke Reynolds. He has a background in cricket. His cricketing achievements include playing junior representative cricket for NSW and 10 years of first-grade cricket for Sydney University and St George Cricket Clubs. In terms of sports coaching accreditation, Luke has a Level 2 Cricket Australia and an AFL Foundation Junior coaching certification. He is also SMART Rugby trained.
Aside from his cricketing experiences, Luke is a qualified high school teacher. He has two educational-related university degrees. One is a Bachelor of Teaching and the other a Master of Education (Educational Leadership). Furthermore, Luke has worked as a classroom teacher since 2010 and has over 5 years of experience as a Head of Faculty.
COACHING STAFF – A BACKGROUND
The coaching team that Luke leads is made up of people with extensive backgrounds in sports coaching and education. With Level 1 and 2 sports coaching accreditation in cricket, AFL and, Rugby, working with children clearance, diplomas, and university degrees in education, we offer a group of qualified professionals. Additionally, some of our coaches work as primary and high school teachers.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT’S THE PURPOSE OF OUR MULTI SPORTS CAMPS?
The purpose of our multi sports camp is to enable children to participate in a safe and inclusive health and fitness related experience during school holidays. On top of this, we want to give children, who love a range of sports, what they want. That is, to remain fit and active with like-minded people during school holidays. Further to this, we seek to give parents school holiday options so you can get on with your regular schedule during school holidays.
WHAT HAPPENS AT MULTI SPORTS CAMP?
STEP 1.PLAYERS PLACED INTO TEAMS
The multi sports camps we offer are day camps with no overnight stay. Think of multi sport camp as a typical day at school. The coaching team greets players and parents during the morning drop off. Based on information provided by parents and our internal procedures, we place children into groups based on age and ability. Where possible, children are grouped with friends and siblings.
STEP 2. IMPLEMENTATION OF MULTI SPORTS PROGRAM
The coaching program is implemented in a way where children rotate through a variety of team sports. Meal and drink breaks are afforded to all players like they would receive during a school day. For instance, players get a recess and lunch break at multi sport camp.
STEP 3. FEEDBACK AND PLAYER RECOGNITION
At the end of each day of camp, players reflect on their learning. Additionally, coaches issue awards to high performing players and those displaying admirable behaviours like the willingness to work in a team and good sportsmanship.
WHAT ARE THE FEATURES OF MULTI SPORTS CAMP?
- Sports and games played: Soccer, AFL, Touch Footy, Oz Tag, Cricket, Basketball, Netball, Athletics Carnival Games (Tug of War, Running Relays), Dodgeball, European Long Ball, T-Ball, Modified Ball Sports Games (incorporating features and aspects from familiar sports like AFL, soccer, rugby league/union, basketball/netball and cricket).
- Focus on safety, fair play, and inclusion: Coaches create, facilitate and manage the implementation of activities, games and sports for children of all abilities to participate in.
- Culture of entertainment and learning: Coaches implement a physical education and sporting program designed to keep children active, engaged and inspired whilst teaching fundamental body movement and life skills such as resilience.
- Maximum number of children: Our camps place a cap on the number of bookings we accept to ensure your child feels connected, familiar and included.
- Equipment: Our coaching team are fully equipped with a range of sporting goods, coaching aids and training tools to create an environment that will make your child feel like a star.
- Free child care: We provide before camp care to assist parents with work commitments during school holidays.
- Coach to kid ratio: 1 coach is responsible for up to 20 children to create a sense of familiarity and inclusion.
- Variety: Kids have 20-40 minute intervals at each activity/drill/game.
- Teams: Kids placed into teams based on age, existing friendships, or parental instructions.
- Awards: We publicly acknowledge children who have improved their skills and demonstrated desirable behaviours like sportsmanship and fair play by giving them trophies.
- Professional staff: Children are cared for by experienced and qualified coaches, athletes and school teachers with working with children check clearances and training around first aid.
WHAT DO YOU PROVIDE AT THE MULTI SPORTS CAMP?
- Professional, licensed, qualified, and experienced coaches
- All professional coaching equipment
- An engaging coaching program that caters for all abilities
- Safe and inclusive learning environment
WHAT SHOULD YOUR CHILDREN BRING TO MULTI SPORTS CAMP?
- Appropriate clothing: T-shirt, shorts/track pants, running shoes, jumper in case of cold weather, a hat/cap, and change of dry clothing in case of wet weather.
- Sun Cream: All players should bring their own sun cream. We do supply sun cream at our cricket camps. Our staff will verify that the children reapply sun cream during different stages at camp. For child protection reasons, we cannot assist children in applying sun cream.
- Food and Drinks for Recess and Lunch: Healthy balanced recess and lunch. We do not provide food for children.
- Refillable drink bottles: All children will be given opportunities to refill bottles with water during the day and will be given frequent opportunities to rehydrate with water.
DO YOU HAVE A SAMPLE MULTI SPORTS CAMP PROGRAM?
Take a look at what our multi sports program looks like. However, please note that our coaching program is subject to change. For example, it constantly evolves and adapts to the learning needs of players at each camp.
BENEFITS OF OUR MULTI SPORTS CAMPS
ENTERTAINMENT AND LEARNING
The team of coaches implement a physical education and sporting program designed to keep children active, engaged and inspired. The aim is to teach fundamental body movement skills as well as life skills for example, resilience. Your children will develop new skills and refine their existing skills whilst having fun with like-minded people.
BUILDING SELF CONFIDENCE
We are committed to helping all children to build their self-confidence on an off the field. To achieve this, we give children an environment where they get to participate in sporting and fitness activities. Consequently, children can realise their potential. Your children receive support and encouragement from our coaches so they feel welcome, included and capable.
CATERING FOR ALL ABILITIES
Whether your child is a beginning, proficient or advanced junior athlete, our program will boost their sporting skills and confidence. From teaching children fundamental technique to facilitating a range of games, competitions and activities, every player gets the chance to satisfy their hunger for sport regardless of their ability during the school holidays.
HEALTHY HOLIDAY EXPERIENCE
Our school holiday sports camp will be an active and healthy experience for your kids. With a focus on team sports, competitions and teamwork, boys and girls are provided an environment focused on game scenarios, energy, enthusiasm, movement, and action. The rotational nature of our sports camp structure guarantees a fun environment.
PROVIDING PARENTS WITH CHOICE
School holidays can be a stressful time for working parents. So you can continue with your regular schedule, our school holiday sports camps provide your children with free before camp care and an educational program of sporting and fitness activities just like a typical school day. We deliver convenient school holiday options to make holidays fun for both kids and parents.
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS ARE SAYING ABOUT US
My son really enjoyed today and was stoked he received a medal for Outstanding Team player! As a parent, I appreciated the feedback provided in the skill measurement and the fact that his sportsmanship was recognized with the medal. We will be back, thanks to the team.
The boys had a blast so thank you for showing them a bunch of new skills and having fun.
My two boys really enjoyed the camp today, describing each of the activities organised as “fun”. Thanks for providing a structured program of various team sports that not only entertained the kids but taught them valuable life lessons like the importance of being a team player.
My kids aged 8 and 11 thoroughly enjoyed the 2 days of multi sports camp attended earlier this week. They loved the mix of activities and interaction with different kids of their age. It’s a very well run program and I thank all the coaches involved.
My 6 year old was so excited to go this week and when I picked him up, he was already asking when the next one was. I would highly recommend this camp to any child who has energy to burn! Thank you Luke
Thank you for providing such a great program for the kids. My son absolutely loved it!!!
I booked two of my children in for one day of your multi-sport camp. My Son wanted to come back so badly he was in tears that night so I booked him in for the second day. We will book earlier for the next camp!
Jesse had the best day! In his words “the coaches were the nicest ever!” He was very excited to have won a medal! He’s so upset that he’s not going to Day 2 as he’s at a rugby league clinic but next holidays I know where he’ll want to be! Thank you so much, he loved it!